Improvement of 12 V overcharge behavior of LiCoO2 cathode material by LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 addition in a Li-ion cell
Cited 3 times inCited 1 times in
- Improvement of 12 V overcharge behavior of LiCoO2 cathode material by LiNi0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 addition in a Li-ion cell
- Kim, Jisuk; Noh, Mijung; Cho, Jaephil
- 12 V overcharge; LiCoO2; LiNi0.8Co 0.1Mn0.1O2; Thermal runaway
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES, v.153, no.2, pp.345 - 349
- The 12 V overcharge instability of the LiCoO2 cathode material was improved by the physical blending it with LiNi0.8Co 0.1Mn0.1O2. Even though a Li-ion cell containing a LiCoO2 cathode did not exhibit thermal runaway at 12 V at the 1 C overcharging rate, it showed thermal runaway at the 2 C overcharging rate, and the cell surface temperature reached more than 400 °C. However, the LiCoO2 cell containing 40, 50, and 60 wt.% LiNi 0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 did not exhibit thermal runaway at the 2 C overcharging rate. In conclusion, 60 wt.% LiNi 0.8Co0.1Mn0.1O2 in the LiCoO 2 cathode showed the lowest cell surface temperature of <90 °C even at a 3 C overcharging rate.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.