Spinel Li4Ti5O12 nanowires for high-rate Li-ion intercalation electrode
Cited 74 times inCited 85 times in
- Spinel Li4Ti5O12 nanowires for high-rate Li-ion intercalation electrode
- Kim, Jinyoung; Cho, Jaephil
- Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET); Discharge capacity; Intercalation electrode; Nanowires
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- ELECTROCHEMICAL AND SOLID STATE LETTERS, v.10, no.3, pp.A81 - A84
- A large quantity of spinel Li4 Ti5 O12 nanowires was prepared by firing a mixture of Ti O2 1.25 H2 O nanowires and Li acetates at 800°C for 3 h. The spinel nanowire had a diameter of 150 nm, which was similar to that of Ti O2 H2 O nanowire. The Brunauer-Emmett-Teller (BET) surface area of the spinel wire was 38 m2 g, which was seven times higher than that of fine particles, which had a BET surface area of only 4.6 m2 g. The first discharge capacity was 165 mAhg at a 0.1 C rate and 93% capacity was retained even after a 10 C rate. We believe that these results were associated with a more active surface in the nanowires which facilitated faster lithium diffusion due to shorter pathways.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.