Improvement of electrochemical properties of natural graphite anode materials with an ovoid morphology by AlPO4 coating
Cited 14 times inCited 9 times in
- Improvement of electrochemical properties of natural graphite anode materials with an ovoid morphology by AlPO4 coating
- Lee, Sang-Eun; Kim, Eunjin; Cho, Jaephil
- Aluminum compounds; Coatings; Electrochemistry; Nanostructured materials; Precipitation (chemical); Sol-gels
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- ELECTROCHEMICAL AND SOLID STATE LETTERS, v.10, no.1, pp.A1 - A4
- AlP O4 -coated natural graphite was prepared by mixing precipitated AlP O4 nanoparticles with natural graphite (NG) powders that had an ovoid morphology in water, followed by vacuum-drying at 150°C for 24 h. This simple coating method did not require any further heat-treatment above 400°C, which is an essential process for the sol-gel driven coating methods (Al2 O3 and Zr O2). The electrochemical properties of the AlP O4 -coated NG were compared with bare and pitch-coated samples and are reported. Impedance analysis revealed that, although the value of the surface film impedance of the AlP O4 -coated sample was 2.4 times larger than the bare NG, its charge-transfer (CT) impedance was 7.5 times smaller than the bare NG. Consequently, we believe that CT was a critical factor that affected the cycle life performance of the sample.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.