Li reaction behavior of GaP nanoparticles prepared by a sodium naphthalenide reduction method
Cited 21 times inCited 19 times in
- Li reaction behavior of GaP nanoparticles prepared by a sodium naphthalenide reduction method
- Hwang, Haesuk; Kim, Min Gyu; Cho, Jaephil
- Electrochemistry; Gallium compounds; Intercalation compounds; Phase transitions; Reduction; X ray diffraction
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY C, v.111, no.3, pp.1186 - 1193
- Li reaction phenomena of GaP nanoparticles (<30 nm) prepared by a sodium naphthalenide reduction method at 390°C in an autoclave were investigated using electrochemical, in (ex) situ X-ray diffraction (XRD), and X-ray absorption spectra (XAS) measurements between 1.5 and 0 V. During the first discharge reactions, lithium intercalated Li 2GaP and irreversible Li nP 7 phases were formed. Li 2GaP was only stable above 0.36 V after which it decomposed to Li xGa and electrochemically inactive Li nP phases. Overall, the reversible capacity contribution (∼800 mAh/g) was from the reversible phase transformation between the Li xGa and Ga phases.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.