Comparison of structural changes in fully delithiated Li-x[Ni1/3Co1/3Mn1/3]O-2 and Li-x[Ni0.33Co0.33Mn0.30Mg0.04]O1.96F0.04 cathodes (x=0) upon thermal annealing
Cited 2 times inCited 3 times in
- Comparison of structural changes in fully delithiated Li-x[Ni1/3Co1/3Mn1/3]O-2 and Li-x[Ni0.33Co0.33Mn0.30Mg0.04]O1.96F0.04 cathodes (x=0) upon thermal annealing
- Kim, Yoojung; Eom, Junho; Kim, Min Gyu; Sun, Yang-Kook; Yoon, Chong Seung; Cho, Jaephil
- Structural changes; Structural stability; Structure decomposition
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.154, no.6, pp.A561 - A565
- This study compared the structural changes in Lix [Ni13 Co13 Mn13] O2 and Lix [Ni0.33 Co0.33 Mn0.3 Mg0.04] O1.96 F0.04 cathodes (x=0) occurring after full delithiation and subsequent heat-treatment at 200, 300, and 400°C using X-ray diffraction (XRD), transmission electron microscopy, and X-ray absorption spectra (XAS). In both cathodes, XRD patterns at x=0 showed a layered O3 -type structure (CdCl2), but subsequent thermal annealing led to a similar structure decomposition to a Co3 O4 -type spinel and possible new O3- Ni13 Mn13 O2+δ -type layered phases. However, the XAS spectra clearly showed that the Lix [Ni0.33 Co0.33 Mn0.3 Mg0.04] O1.96 F0.04 exhibited much improved structural stability, showing a suppression of the phase decomposition to spinel Co3 O4, as evidenced by a decrease in the FT peak intensity of corner-shared CoO6 octahedra at ∼3.2 Å.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.