Template synthesis of hollow Sb nanoparticles as a high-performance lithium battery anode material
Cited 42 times inCited 44 times in
- Template synthesis of hollow Sb nanoparticles as a high-performance lithium battery anode material
- Kim, Hyesun; Cho, Jaephil
- Anodes; Antimony; Lithium batteries; Scanning electron microscopy; Synthesis (chemical)
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CHEMISTRY OF MATERIALS, v.20, no.5, pp.1679 - 1681
- The synthesis of hollow Sb nanoparticles as a high-performance Lithium battery anode material, using a SiO2 template functionalized with cetyltrimrthylammonium bromide (CTAB) groups, was reported. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) images show that the SiO2 templates are spherical with diameters of 300 nm and that hollow Sn particles have shell thickness of 20 nm. The results also show that the improved specific lithium storage capacity of the hollow Sb is associated with the unique structure of the hollow nanostructure, which has porous shells formed during NaOH etching. Sb also shows increased charge capacity retention at higher rates to the nanoparticles while the hollow samples show the first charge capacity and its capacity after 10 cycles at a 7C rate is 587 and 570 mAh/g.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.