Propagation of engineering changes to multiple product data views using history of product structure changes
Cited 6 times inCited 9 times in
- Propagation of engineering changes to multiple product data views using history of product structure changes
- Do, N.; Choi, I. J.; Song, Minseok
- Consistency of product data; Engineering change propagation; Engineering changes; Product data view
- Issue Date
- TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER INTEGRATED MANUFACTURING, v.21, no.1, pp.19 - 32
- The present paper proposes a comprehensive procedure for engineering change propagation in order to maintain consistency between various product data views. A product data model is also proposed for the propagation procedure, which integrates base product definitions for product design, and product data views for other manufacturing or customer support. The product data view in the proposed model enables manufacturing or customer support engineers to define their own product data views, without copying the existing product definition. Integrated with other components, the engineering changes in the data model provide structure-oriented change history, effectivity management for production, and integration with product configurations. Based on the integrated product data model, the proposed procedure propagates engineering changes to product data views using the history of product structure changes. The propagation procedure maintains consistency of product data during collaboration between various design, manufacturing and customer support departments, who have different product data views. Prototype database applications together with an example of illustrative change propagation are also presented.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.