Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Oxygen Ion Diffusion in Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Single Crystals and Bicrystals
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Oxygen Ion Diffusion in Yttria Stabilized Zirconia Single Crystals and Bicrystals
- Huang, H. C.; Su, P.-C.; Kwak, Sang Kyu; Pornprasertsuk, R.; Yoon, Y.-J.
- Grain Boundary; Ionic Conductivity; Molecular Dynamics Simulation; Solid Oxide Fuel Cell; Yttria Stabilized Zirconia
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- FUEL CELLS, v.14, no.4, pp.574 - 580
- Molecular dynamics simulation studies have been performed to study the oxygen ion diffusion in yttria stabilized zirconia single crystals and bicrystals separated by tilt grain boundaries (GBs). Two types of GBs which are Σ 5 (3 1 0) and Σ 13 (5 1 0) are studied at temperatures between 1,000 K and 2,000 K. The effect of grain size, which is the distance between two GBs, and the effect of GB orientations are systematically investigated in this study. The oxygen diffusion in the bicrystals is found to be blocked by the GB, and the blocking effect increases with decreasing grain size and is affected by different grain orientations. In addition, the oxygen diffusion along the GB plane is most hindered.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.