Non-lithographic growth of core-shell GaAs nanowires on Si for optoelectronic applications
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Non-lithographic growth of core-shell GaAs nanowires on Si for optoelectronic applications
- Bae, Myung-Ho; Kim, Bum-Kyu; Ha, Dong-Han; Lee, Sang Jun; Sharma, Rahul; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Kim, Ju-Jin; Choi, Won Jun; Shin, Jae Cheol
- SILICON NANOWIRES; PERFORMANCE; PHOTONICS; EPITAXY; ELECTRONICS; ARRAYS
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- CRYSTAL GROWTH & DESIGN, v.14, no.4, pp.1510 - 1515
- We demonstrated a nonlithographic method for integrating GaAs nanowire (NW) array-based light-emitting diodes (LEDs) on silicon (Si) substrates. A sub-100 nm hole array on a deposited SiO2 layer was patterned on an entire 2 in. Si wafer based on a sacrificed self-assembled InAs NW array. Then, a core-shell n-p junction GaAs NW array was grown on exposed Si windows via the selective-area growth method. The electrical properties of the core-shell n-p junction GaAs NW has been measured and compared to those of the core-shell junction NWs formed via the self-assembled growth method. Room temperature electroluminescence was successfully observed from the fabricated GaAs NW array-based LEDs. The core-shell junction III-V NW array epitaxially grown on a ubiquitous Si platform could be applied to future low-cost optical devices.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.