Response to potential information technology risk: Users' valuation of electromagnetic field from mobile phones
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Response to potential information technology risk: Users' valuation of electromagnetic field from mobile phones
- Jung, Yoonhyuk; Kim, Seongcheol
- Conjoint analysis; Electromagnetic field; IT risk; Mobile phone; User segmentation
- Issue Date
- Elsevier BV
- TELEMATICS AND INFORMATICS, v.32, no.1, pp.57 - 66
- As information technologies have become embedded in daily life, end-users encounter unexpected dangers from using IT. Electromagnetic field (EMF) risk from mobile phones is an example of those dangers. In this paper, we explore how much users value their tolerance of EMF risk by scrutinizing their preference structure of mobile phone devices. The preference structure was generated from conjoint analysis including three attributes of mobile phone devices: brand, price, and electromagnetic emission. In addition, we examined four groups which were clustered based upon their preference structure. Results show that the risk is differently perceived by user clusters and approximately 80% of respondents are likely to change their mobile phone brands for better protection from EMF risk.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.