A Pessimistic Induction against Scientific Antirealism
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- A Pessimistic Induction against Scientific Antirealism
- Park, Seungbae
- Pessimistic induction; Scientific antirealism; Success of science
- Issue Date
- VYDAVATELSTVO SLOVENSKEJ AKAD VIED VEDA
- ORGANON F, v.21, no.1, pp.3 - 21
- There are nine antirealist explanations of the success of science in the literature. I raise difficulties against all of them except the latest one, and then construct a pessimistic induction that the latest one will turn out to be problematic because its eight forerunners turned out to be problematic. This pessimistic induction is on a par with the traditional pessimistic induction that successful present scientific theories will be revealed to be false because successful past scientific theories were revealed to be false.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- DGS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.