Modified Preview Control for a Wireless Tracking Control System With Packet Loss
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Modified Preview Control for a Wireless Tracking Control System With Packet Loss
- Zhang, Wenlong; Bae, Joonbum; Tomizuka, Masayoshi
- Motion control; networked control systems; packet loss; preview control
- Issue Date
- IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
- IEEE-ASME TRANSACTIONS ON MECHATRONICS, v.20, no.1, pp.299 - 307
- In this paper, a modified preview control technique is proposed to compensate packet loss in a wireless tracking control system, where future reference signals over a finite horizon can be previewed. In order to utilize future reference information for the controller design, the system model is augmented with a reference generator whose states are the future reference signals. As a response to the packet loss that occurs in the wireless network, the preview control technique is modified by employing Bernoulli variables to represent packet loss in both controller--actuator and sensor--controller channels. The Bernoulli packet loss model, along with tracking errors and control inputs, is included in a quadratic cost function, and the optimal controller gain that minimizes the cost function is obtained by dynamic programming. A modified Kalman filter considering packet loss is utilized for full-state estimation and state feedback control. The choice of preview horizon is discussed and the performance of the proposed controller is verified by simulation and experimental results.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.