Direct simulation monte carlo for dense hard spheres
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Direct simulation monte carlo for dense hard spheres
- Chao, Liu; Kwak, Sang Kyu; Ansumali, Santosh
- direct simulation Monte Carlo; fast molecular dynamics; Hard-sphere fluids; modified Enskog theory
- Issue Date
- WORLD SCIENTIFIC PUBL CO PTE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MODERN PHYSICS C, v.25, no.1, pp.1 - 8
- We propose a modified direct simulation Monte Carlo (DSMC) method, which extends the validity of DSMC from rarefied to dense system of hard spheres (HSs). To assess this adapted method, transport properties of hard-sphere (HS) systems have been predicted both at dense states as well as dilute, and we observed the excellent accuracy over existing DSMC-based algorithms including the Enskog theory. The present approach provides an intuitive and systematic way to accelerate molecular dynamics (MD) via mesoscale approach.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.