Grain refinement and improved tensile properties of Mg-3Al-1Zn alloy processed by low-temperature indirect extrusion
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Grain refinement and improved tensile properties of Mg-3Al-1Zn alloy processed by low-temperature indirect extrusion
- Kim, Beomcheol; Park, Chan Ho; Kim, Ha Sik; You, Bong Sun; Park, Sung Soo
- Artificial cooling; Grain refinement; Indirect extrusion; Magnesium alloy; Superplasticity
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- SCRIPTA MATERIALIA, v.76, no., pp.21 - 24
- The microstructure and tensile properties of a Mg-3Al-1Zn alloy processed by low-temperature indirect extrusion utilizing artificial cooling were investigated. Grain refinement from 5.5 to 1.8 μm was attained by the application of artificial cooling, resulting in an increase in yield strength of as much as 50 MPa at room temperature as well as enhanced plasticity with tensile elongations of 200-320% at strain rates in the range of 3.3 × 10-5-1.0 × 10-4 s-1 at 150 °C.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.