An instrument for discovering new mobile service opportunities
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- An instrument for discovering new mobile service opportunities
- Lee, Changyong; Son, Changho; Yoon, Byungun; Park, Yongtae
- FCA; Formal concept analysis; Information visualisation; Mobile application service; Mobile communication; New service opportunity; PCA; Principal component analysis; Service engineering; Text mining
- Issue Date
- INDERSCIENCE ENTERPRISES LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS, v.11, no.4, pp.374 - 392
- This study proposes a systematic approach to discovering new mobile service opportunities from related documents to overcome the weaknesses of previous methods based on the judgements of experts. At the heart of the suggested approach is text mining to explicitly specify the meanings of documents and information visualisation to effectively explore critical implications. Specifically, we integrate the strengths of Principal Component Analysis (PCA) for mapping multi-dimensional data on a two-dimensional display and the merits of Formal Concept Analysis (FCA) for grouping objects with shared properties based on the lattice theory. A case study of navigation services is presented to show the feasibility of our approach. We believe that the systematic processes and visualised outcomes offered by the proposed approach can enhance the efficiency of mobile service creation and serve as a starting point for developing more general models.
Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.