Na4-αM2+α/2(P2O 7)2 (2/3 ≤ α ≤ 7/8, M = Fe, Fe 0.5Mn0.5, Mn): A promising sodium ion cathode for na-ion batteries
Cited 13 times inCited 8 times in
- Na4-αM2+α/2(P2O 7)2 (2/3 ≤ α ≤ 7/8, M = Fe, Fe 0.5Mn0.5, Mn): A promising sodium ion cathode for na-ion batteries
- Ha, Kwang-Ho; Woo, SeungHee; Mok, Duckgyun; Choi, Nam-Soon; Park, Yuwon; Oh, Seung M.; Kim, Youngshol; Kim, Jeongsoo; Lee, Junesoo; Nazar, Linda F.; Lee, Kyu Tae
- Carbon coating; Channel sizes; Fast kinetics; Na-ion batteries; off-stoichiometry; pyrophosphate; Reversible capacity; Stable cycles
- Issue Date
- WILEY-V C H VERLAG GMBH
- ADVANCED ENERGY MATERIALS, v.3, no.6, pp.770 - 776
- A new polyanion-based compound, Na3.12M2.44(P 2O7)2 (M = Fe, Fe0.5Mn 0.5, Mn) is synthesized and examined as a cathode for Na ion batteries. Off-stoichiometric synthesis induces the formation of a Na-rich phase, Na3.32Fe2.34(P2O7) 2 - a member of the solid solution series Na 4-αFe2+α/2(P2O7) 2 (2/3 ≤ α ≤ 7/8) - which delivers a reversible capacity of about 85 mA h g-1 at ca. 3 V vs. Na/Na+ and exhibits very stable cycle performance. Above all, it shows fast kinetics for Na ions, delivering an almost constant 72% reversible capacity at rates between C/10 and 10C without the necessity for nanosizing or carbon coating. We attribute this to the spacious channel size along the a-axis, along with a single phase transformation upon de/sodiation.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.