One-Pot Synthesis of Linear-Hyperbranched Amphiphilic Block Copolymers Based on Polyglycerol Derivatives and Their Micelles
Cited 7 times inCited 7 times in
- One-Pot Synthesis of Linear-Hyperbranched Amphiphilic Block Copolymers Based on Polyglycerol Derivatives and Their Micelles
- Oikawa, Yurie; Lee, Sueun; Kim, Do Hyung; Kang, Dae Hwan; Kim, Byeong-Su; Saito, Kyohei; Sasaki, Shigeko; Oishi, Yoshiyuki; Shibasaki, Yuji
- Amphiphilic block copolymers; Copolymer solution; Drug delivery carrier; Hydrophobic molecules; Hyperbranched polyglycerol; Poly(ethoxyethyl glycidyl ether); Sequential addition; Therapeutic molecules
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- BIOMACROMOLECULES, v.14, no.7, pp.2171 - 2178
- This paper describes the one-pot synthesis of a polyglycidol (PG)-based polymer, poly(ethoxyethyl glycidyl ether) (PEEGE)-b-[hyperbranched polyglycerol (hbPG)-co-PEEGE]x/y, its micelle formulation, and the ability to encapsulate a model therapeutic molecule. Amphiphilic block copolymers were prepared by the sequential addition of ethoxyethyl glycidyl ether (EEGE) to glycidol. The composition of the block copolymers varied from 62:38 to 92:8. Block copolymers with composition x:y ≥ 66:34 were soluble only in organic solvents. Micelles were formulated by injection of deionized water into a tetrahydrofuran block copolymer solution with or without pyrene as a model hydrophobic molecule. The critical micelle concentration was 18.2-30.9 mg/L, and the micelle size was 100-250 nm. The pyrene-containing micelle rapidly collapsed on acidic exposure, allowing conversion of hydrophobic PEEGE to hydrophilic PG, thus, facilitating the release of the encapsulated pyrene. Cytotoxicity data showed high biocompatibility of PG-based block copolymers, suggesting their potential as a drug delivery carrier.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.