Catalytic Conversion of Undaria Pinnatifida Over Nanoporous Materials Using Py-GC/MS
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Catalytic Conversion of Undaria Pinnatifida Over Nanoporous Materials Using Py-GC/MS
- Park, Young-Kwon; Jun, Bo Ram; Joo, Sang Hoon; Sa, Young Jin; Park, Sung Hoon; Jeon, Jong-Ki; Jeong, Kwang-Eun
- Undaria Pinnatifida; Al-SBA-15; Pt/Al-SBA-15; Catalytic Pyrolysis; Py-GC/MS
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.13, no.12, pp.7794 - 7800
- Catalytic pyrolysis of Undaria Pinnatifida was carried out over a nanoporous Al-SBA-15 catalyst for the first time. Pt nanoparticles were added to Al-SBA-15 to generate a Pt/Al-SBA-15 catalyst. The effect of the addition of the Pt nanoparticles on the catalytic pyrolysis was investigated. For rapid product analysis and catalyst evaluation, a pyrolysis-gas chromatography/mass spectrometry was used. The characteristics of the catalysts were analyzed using X-ray diffraction, nitrogen adsorption–desorption, transmission electron microscope, NH3 temperature programmed desorption, and inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometer. Compared to the non-catalytic pyrolysis, catalytic pyrolysis over Al-SBA-15 produced a higher-quality bio-oil with a high stability and a low oxygen content. When Pt/Al-SBA-15 was used, compared to Al-SBA-15, the improvement of bio-oil quality was more profound; the yield of high-value-added aromatics increased, while the yields of acids and oxygenates decreased.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.