Self-Assembly of Supramolecualr Metallogelator Containing 2-(2 '-Hydroxyphenyl) benzoxazole/Zn(II) Chelate
Cited 1 times inCited 1 times in
- Self-Assembly of Supramolecualr Metallogelator Containing 2-(2 '-Hydroxyphenyl) benzoxazole/Zn(II) Chelate
- Kim, Tae Hyeon; Kwon, Na Young; Son, Ji Hye; Yang, Changduk; Lee, Minjung; Lee, Taek Seung
- Benzoxazole; Cooling methods; Long alkyl chains; Metallogel; Opaque gels; Organo-gelator; Organogels; Room temperature; Self assembled structures; Self-assembled; Sheet-like structure; SEM; Transmission electron microscope
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.10, no.10, pp.6929 - 6933
- A low molar mass organogelator 1 containing 2-(2'-hydroxyphenyl)benzoxazole (HPB) unit with long alkyl chain was synthesized by the reaction with HPB and octyl isocyanate in THF at room temperature. A new chelate-based organogelator 1-Zn(ll) was prepared with the reaction of 1 and zinc(ll) acetate in methanol and dichloromethane at mild condition. The gelation ability of organogelator was tested by heating-cooling method in various organic solvents, and the opaque gel was formed from DMF. Well-developed self-assembled structure of organogel was confirmed with field emissionscanning electron microscope (FE-SEM) and transmission electron microscope (TEM), and the optical properties of organogel upon aggregation were monitored by UV-Vis and fluorescence spectroscopy. 1-Zn(ll) was self-assembled to the sheet-like structure with the thickness of fully extended length of molecules.
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.