Effect of Pt Particle Size on the Hydroisomerization of n-Dodecane Over Pt/Al-SBA-15 Catalysts
Cited 3 times inCited 0 times in
- Effect of Pt Particle Size on the Hydroisomerization of n-Dodecane Over Pt/Al-SBA-15 Catalysts
- Lee, Hyung Won; Jeon, Jong-Ki; Jeong, Kwang-Eun; Jeong, Soon-Yong; Han, Jeongsik; Seo, Bora; Joo, Sang Hoon; Park, Young-Kwon
- Hydroisomerization; n-Dodecane; Al-SBA-15; Pt Particle Size
- Issue Date
- AMER SCIENTIFIC PUBLISHERS
- JOURNAL OF NANOSCIENCE AND NANOTECHNOLOGY, v.13, no.9, pp.6074 - 6078
- The hydroisomerization of n-dodecane was carried out over platinum-impregnated Al-SBA-15 as a bifunctional catalyst. A range of Pt/Al-SBA-15 catalysts with a Pt particle size of 1.7, 2.9 and 7.1 were prepared to examine the effect of the Pt particle size on the activity and selectivity for the hydroisomerization of n-dodecane. The catalysts were characterized by transmission electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, nitrogen adsorption, pyridine Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and NH3 temperature programmed desorption. The hydroisomerization of n-dodecane was performed in a batch-type reactor at 350 degrees C and 20 bar. The Pt(2.9)/Al-SBA-15 catalyst showed the highest selectivity to iso-dodecane due to its largest number of medium strength Bronsted acid sites and the optimum ratio of metallic/acid sites.
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.