Fabrication of 3D polypyrrole microstructures and their utilization as electrodes in supercapacitors
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Fabrication of 3D polypyrrole microstructures and their utilization as electrodes in supercapacitors
- Ho, Vinh; Zhou, Cheng; Kulinsky, Lawrence; Madou, Mark
- Soft matter; liquids and polymers; Electronics and devices; Condensed matter
- Issue Date
- IOP PUBLISHING LTD
- JOURNAL OF MICROMECHANICS AND MICROENGINEERING, v.23, no.12, pp.125029 -
- We present a novel fabrication method for constructing three-dimensional (3D) conducting microstructures based on the controlled-growth of electrodeposited polypyrrole (PPy) within a lithographically patterned photoresist layer. PPy thin films, post arrays, suspended planes supported by post arrays and multi-layered PPy structures were fabricated. The performance of supercapacitors based on 3D PPy electrodes doped with dodecylbenzene sulfonate (DBS-) and perchlorate (ClO4 -) anions was studied using cyclic voltammetry and galvanostatic charge/discharge tests. The highest specific capacitance obtained from the multi-layered PPy(ClO 4) electrodes was 401 ± 18 mF cm-2, which is roughly twice as high as the highest specific capacitance of PPy-based supercapacitor reported thus far. The increase in capacitance is the result of higher surface area per unit footprint achieved through the fabrication of multi-layered 3D electrodes.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.