Optimal maintenance policy for multi-component systems under Markovian environment changes
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Optimal maintenance policy for multi-component systems under Markovian environment changes
- Zhang, Zhuoqi; Wu, Su; Li, Binfeng; Lee, Seungchul
- Environmental influence; Maintenance policy; Markov decision processes; Multi-component system; Opportunistic maintenance
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- EXPERT SYSTEMS WITH APPLICATIONS, v.40, no.18, pp.7391 - 7399
- In this paper, we study multi-component systems, which environmental conditions and opportunistic maintenance (OM) involve. Environmental conditions will exert an influence on deterioration processes of the components in the system. For each component, the worse the environmental conditions are, the faster its deterioration speed is. We want to determine when to preventively maintain each component under such environmental influence. Our purpose is to minimize its long-run average maintenance cost. We decompose such a multi-component system into mutually influential single-component systems, and formulate the maintenance problem of each component as a Markov decision process (MDP). Under some reasonable assumptions, we prove the existence of the optimal (nr, Nr) type policy for each component. A policy iteration method is used to calculate its optimal maintenance policy. Based on the method, we develop an iterative approximation algorithm to obtain an acceptable maintenance policy for a multi-component system. Numerical examples find that environmental conditions and OM pose significant effects on a maintenance policy.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.