Optimization of total inventory cost and order fill rate in a supply chain using PSO
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Optimization of total inventory cost and order fill rate in a supply chain using PSO
- Park, Kyoung Jong; Kyung, Gyouhyung
- Information quality level; Initial conditions; Initial inventory; Particle swarm optimization
- Issue Date
- SPRINGER LONDON LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ADVANCED MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY, v.70, no.9-12, pp.1533 - 1541
- This paper proposes a method to optimize both the total cost and order fill rates in a supply chain using the particle swarm optimization (PSO) method. This method automatically adjusts the initial inventory levels of all tiers involved in a supply chain by considering information quality level (IQL), which is determined by the degree of availability of lead time history data. Analyses of variance are used to examine if there are any effects of IQL on the total cost and order fill rates. The results show that the proposed method finds better solutions which provide a lower inventory level while maintaining higher order fill rates than when PSO is not applied.
Appears in Collections:
- DHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.