Characterising the topography of a micro-grinding wheel
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Characterising the topography of a micro-grinding wheel
- Park, Hyung Wook; Liang S.Y.; Youn J.-W.
- Engineering controlled terms: Abrasives; Cutting fluids; Cutting machines (mining); Cutting tools; Grinding (comminution); Engineering geology; Grinding machines; Grinding mills; Grinding wheels; Size distribution; Vehicles; Wheels
- Issue Date
- Inderscience Publishers
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MANUFACTURING RESEARCH, v.4, no.1, pp.1 - 16
- In this study, the direct method based on the polishing for obtaining micro-grinding wheel topography was proposed and compared with the optical method. The proposed method provides fine details for the size of grits and the diameters of micro-grinding. The size distribution and profile of the grits were also obtained using the direct method. It was also found that a new method for characterisation of microscale grinding wheels, referred to as the direct method, is more effective to obtain the size distribution of grits and the static and dynamic cutting density of micro-grinding wheels in comparison to the optical method.
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.