Fabrication of Nanoporous Block Copolymer Thin Films through Mediation of Interfacial Interactions with UV Cross-Linked Polystyrene
Cited 4 times inCited 6 times in
- Fabrication of Nanoporous Block Copolymer Thin Films through Mediation of Interfacial Interactions with UV Cross-Linked Polystyrene
- Chen, Wei; Park, Soojin; Wang, Jia-Yu; Russell, Thomas P.
- Block copolymer thin films; Brominated polystyrene; Catalyzed coupling; Copolymer thin films; Cross-linked polystyrene; Interfacial interaction; Lateral ordering; Mass densities; Micro-domains; Nano-porous; Nanoporous thin films; Perpendicular orientation; PMMA thin film; Solvent annealing; Two-component
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- MACROMOLECULES, v.42, no.18, pp.7213 - 7216
- The fabrication of nanoporous thin films of brominated polystyrene-block- poly(methyl methacrylate) (PBrS-b-PMMA) copolymers by using UV cross-linked PS matte for mediating preferential interfacial interactions to achieve the perpendicular orientation of the microdomains has been reported. Molecular weights and PDI were characterized by gel permeation chromatography (GPC), and the compositions of copolymers were determined by H nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) with mass densities of two components. Combining mediation of interfacial interactions and solvent annealing produced the nanoporous PBrS-b-PMMA thin film with perpendicular orientation and a high degree of lateral ordering. A particularly attractive feature of PBrS-b-PMMA copolymers is that active Br atoms provide an easy way to functionalize PBrS-b-PMMA copolymer thin films through palladium- catalyzed coupling reactions.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.