Computation of flow induced stresses in a structure using a hybrid momentum equation approach
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Computation of flow induced stresses in a structure using a hybrid momentum equation approach
- Gattu, Jagadish; Ki, Hyungson
- flow-induced stress; monolithic; finite volume method; hybrid momentum equations; fluid-solid interface; computational fluid dynamics; CFD; Poiseuille flow; two parallel plates; lid-driven cavity flow; solid containers; simulation
- Issue Date
- INDERSCIENCE PUBLISHERS
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF THEORETICAL AND APPLIED MULTISCALE MECHANICS, v.1, no.2, pp.118 - 133
- In this paper, we present a method to formulate momentum equations for computing flow-induced stresses in a structure. The momentum equations for fluids and solids are cast into a common form, which when integrated over a computational cell generates a hybrid momentum equation customised to fluid-solid interface configurations. The resulting equation can be solved by a proper numerical method for computational fluid dynamics, such as the SIMPLE algorithm. This approach has been applied to Poiseuille flow between two parallel plates and lid-driven cavity flow in a solid container. Simulation results show a good agreement with the ABAQUS™ results.
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.