Fabrication of Pt/Au Concentric Spheres from Triblock Copolymer
Cited 18 times inCited 15 times in
- Fabrication of Pt/Au Concentric Spheres from Triblock Copolymer
- Koh, Haeng-Deog; Park, Soojin; Russell, Thomas P.
- block copolymer; hollow micelle; bimetallic metal; concentric sphere
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS NANO, v.4, no.2, pp.1124 - 1130
- Dispersion of an aqueous H 2PtCl 6 solution into a trifluorotoluene (TFT) solution of a polystyreneblock-poly(2-vinylpyridine)- block-poly(ethylene oxide) (PS-b-P2VP-b-PEO) triblock copolymer produced an emulsion-induced hollow micelle (EIHM), comprising a water nanodroplet stabilized by PEO, H 2PtCl 6/P2VP, and PS, sequentially. The following addition of an aqueous LiAuCl 4 solution into the dispersion led to a coordination of LiAuCl 4 and PEO. The resulting spherical EIHM structure was transformed to a hollow cylindrical micelle by the fusion of spherical EIHM with the addition of methanol. This structural transition was reversible by the alternative addition of methanol and TFT. Oxygen plasma was used to generate Pt/Au concentric spheres and hollow cylindrical Pt/Au nano-objects.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.