GENDER DIVERSITY: HOW CAN WE FACILITATE ITS POSITIVE EFFECTS ON TEAMS?
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- GENDER DIVERSITY: HOW CAN WE FACILITATE ITS POSITIVE EFFECTS ON TEAMS?
- Seong, Jee Young; Hong, Doo-Seung
- Cooperative group norms; Gender diversity; Team commitment; Transformational leadership
- Issue Date
- SOC PERSONALITY RES INC
- SOCIAL BEHAVIOR AND PERSONALITY, v.41, no.3, pp.497 - 508
- We examined the relationship between gender diversity and team commitment, in association with cooperative group norms and transformational leadership. Forty-eight work teams in an IT firm located in Seoul, South Korea participated in the study. We hypothesized, based on social identity theory and self-categorization theory, that cooperative group norms and transformational leadership would moderate the relationship between gender diversity and team commitment. The results indicated that the negative effects produced by gender diversity in teams may be reduced by cooperative group norms but not by transformational leadership. Implications of these findings are discussed and future research directions outlined.
Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.