V2O5-Coated TiO2 Nanorod Electrodes
Cited 18 times inCited 15 times in
- V2O5-Coated TiO2 Nanorod Electrodes
- Kim, Min Gyu; Kim, Hyesun; Cho, Jaephil
- Amorphous phase; Anatase TiO; Core-shell; Nano scale; Nanorod electrodes; Rate capabilities; Reversible phase transition; Shell thickness; TiO; Volumetric capacity
- Issue Date
- ELECTROCHEMICAL SOC INC
- JOURNAL OF THE ELECTROCHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.157, no.7, pp.A802 - A807
- V2O5-coated TiO2 nanorods with a shell thickness of 6.5 nm were prepared by coating V2O5 on anatase TiO2 nanowires. These coated nanorods demonstrated a superior rate capability and capacity at higher C rates with respect to the TiO2 nanowires. The volumetric capacity of the core-shell nanorods were 426 and 329 mAh/cm(3) at 0.5 and 20C rates, respectively, while those of the TiO2 nanowires were 246 and 128 mAh/cm(3), respectively. The enhanced electrochemical properties were due to both a fully reversible phase transition of the nanoscale-V2O5 shell to the crystalline omega-LixV2O5 phase, in contrast to bulk V2O5 to the amorphous phase and its faster pathways for Li ions and electrons into the TiO2 core.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.