High Performance Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells with Alkylpyridinium Iodide Salts in Electrolytes
Cited 13 times inCited 9 times in
- High Performance Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells with Alkylpyridinium Iodide Salts in Electrolytes
- Jeon, Semina; Jo, Yimhyun; Kim, Kang-Jin; Jun, Yongseok; Han, Chi-Hwan
- Alkyl chain; Dye-Sensitized solar cell; Imidazolium; Imidazolium salt; Iodide salts; Methyl group; Pyridinium; Pyridinium iodide; Pyridinium salts
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.3, no.2, pp.512 - 516
- Pyridinium iodide salts, which are competitive to the conventional imidazolium iodide salts, have been used for dye-sensitized solar cells as iodide sources and ionic conductivities. Pyridinium iodide series are easy to prepare and less expensive than the imidazolium series salts. In this research, quite comparable efficiencies were obtained from electrolytes with pyridinium iodide salts. For the experiments, pyridinium salts with a few, different alkyl chains are applied. When a pyridinium head is modified to picolinium, which has a methyl group on the pyridinium bead, a noticeable V(oc) drop has been observed. However, the length of the alkyl chains on the pyridinium head does not affect V(oc) effectively. The odd-numbered alkyl chains showed slightly lower V(oc) compared to that of the even-numbered alkyl chains. Finally, the performances of the cells with pyridinium salts are compared to those of the conventional cells with imidazolium salts.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.