울산시 상수원수에서의 오존분해 특성 및 의약물질 분해 거동 연구
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- 울산시 상수원수에서의 오존분해 특성 및 의약물질 분해 거동 연구
- Other Titles
- Characteristic behaviors of ozone decomposition and oxidation of pharmaceuticals during ozonation of river waters in Ulsan
- Lee, Hyejin; Lee, Changha; Lee, Hongshin
- Ozonation; Advanced oxidation process; Hydroxyl radical; Pharmaceutical compound
- Issue Date
- 상하수도학회지 , v.27, no.1, pp.39 - 47
- This study demonstrates the oxidative degradation of pharmaceutical compounds during ozonation of surface waters in Ulsan. Diclofenac, carbamazepine, bezafibrate, and ibuprofen were selected as surrogate pharmaceutical compounds, and ozonation experiments were performed using raw waters collected from the Sayeon Dam and the Hoeya Dam in Ulsan. Diclofenac and carbamazepine which have high reactivity with molecular ozone showed higher removal efficiencies than bezafibrate and ibuprofen during ozonation. The addition of tert-butanol, a hydroxyl radical scavenger, increased the removal efficiencies of diclofenac and carbamazepine by increasing the ozone exposure. However, the oxidation of bezafibrate and ibuprofen was inhibited by the presence of tert-butanol due to the suppression of the exposure to hydroxyl radical. The elimination of the selected pharmaceuticals could be successfully predicted by the kinetic model base on the Rct concept. Depending on the experimental condition, Rct values were determined to be (1.54 ~3.32)×10-7 and (1.19 ~ 3.04)×10-7 for the Sayeon Dam and the Hoeya Dam waters, respectively. Relatively high Rct values indicate that the conversion of O3 into ˙OH is more pronounced for surface waters in Ulsan compared to other water sources.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- UEE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.