Comparative characterization of thermodynamic, electrical, and electrochemical properties of Sm0.5Sr0.5Co1-xNbxO3-delta (x=0, 0.05, and 0.1) as cathode materials in intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells
Cited 9 times inCited 5 times in
- Comparative characterization of thermodynamic, electrical, and electrochemical properties of Sm0.5Sr0.5Co1-xNbxO3-delta (x=0, 0.05, and 0.1) as cathode materials in intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- Yoo, Seonyoung; Lim, Tak-Hyoung; Shin, Jeeyoung; Kim, Guntae
- Cathode materials; Coulometric titration; Electrical conductivity; Electrochemical performance; High power density; Intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell; IT-SOFCs; Maximum power density; Nb doping; Perovskite oxides; Redox property; Redox stability; Thermodynamic behaviour
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES, v.226, no., pp.1 - 7
- The perovskite oxides, such as (La,Sr)CoO3 and (Ba,Sr)CoO3, have received much attention in recent years as cathode materials for intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells (IT-SOFCs). In this study, we have investigated the structural, electrical, electrochemical, and redox properties of Sm0.5Sr0.5Co1-xNbxO3-delta (SSCNbx) cathodes under conditions relevant to IT-SOFC operation. The SSCNbx (x = 0, 0.05, and 0.1) oxides show gradually decreasing electrical conductivity with increasing Nb doping at the same temperature. The maximum power density of SSCNbx (x = 0.05, 0.1) is lower than that of SSC; however, SSCNbx (x = 0.1) is more stable than SSC considering the thermodynamic behaviour, as determined through redox isotherms. These results suggest that an Nb doped SSC perovskite is suitable, considering its high power density and reasonable redox stability, as an IT-SOFC cathode material.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.