Pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole based small molecules as donor materials for OPVs
Cited 4 times inCited 3 times in
- Pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole based small molecules as donor materials for OPVs
- Song, Suhee; Ko, Seo-Jin; Shin, Hyunmin; Jin, Youngeup; Kim, Il; Kim, Jin Young; Suh, Hongsuk
- Absorption onset; Donor materials; Electron donors; Electron-deficient units; Low band gap; Organic photovoltaic cell (OPVs); Power conversion efficiencies; Pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-2,5-dione; Regioisomers; Small molecules; Solid thin films; Suzuki polymerization; Synthetic pigments; Triphenyl amines
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- SOLAR ENERGY MATERIALS AND SOLAR CELLS, v.112, no., pp.120 - 126
- A new accepter unit, pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-2,5-dione, deserves much attention as the electron-deficient unit for the generation of electron donor material for organic photovoltaic cells (OPVs). Pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-2,5-dione unit, regioisomer of the known pyrrolo[3,4-c]pyrrole-1,4-dione, is originated from the structure of stable synthetic pigment. The organic low band gap molecules with pyrrolo[3,2-b]pyrrole-2,5-dione, thiophene and triphenyl amine units were synthesized using Suzuki polymerization to generate SM-B, SM-M and SM-H. The spectrum of SM-B as the solid thin film shows absorption band with maximum peaks at 356 and 517 nm, and the absorption onset at 667 nm, corresponding to band gap of 1.86 eV. The device comprising SM-B and PC71BM (1:4) showed a V-OC of 0.79 V. a J(SC) of 6.04 mA/cm(2), and a FF of 0.33, giving a power conversion efficiency of 1.56%.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.