디지털시대의 창조적 상상력: 미디어 아트에 대한 이공계 학생들의 반응
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- 디지털시대의 창조적 상상력: 미디어 아트에 대한 이공계 학생들의 반응
- Other Titles
- Creative Imagination in the Digital Age : Science-majoring Students' Response to Media Art
- Paek, Kyong-Mi
- art and creativity; creative imagination; media art; integration; curriculum development
- Issue Date
- 미술과 교육 , v.12, no.1, pp.73 - 91
- Moving into the age of digital technology and globalization, “ creativity" and “ integration" become key words in the field of education. This paper highlights the role of visual art education demanded by the 21 st Century digital age. To this end, it first reviews the context and scholarly discussions that brought social attention to the need for interdisciplinary approaches in education. Then, it overviews the historical relationship between art and science by reviewing the developmental aspects of activities in the world of arts made possible by the technology development which occurred during the last century. Lastly, it presents a few outcomes of science-majoring students who took a recently developed visual art course, Arts and Creativity, offered at a newly opened institute of science and technology in South Korea. The students' responses to media art are discussed to provide implications for promoting creative imagination in the digital age.
Appears in Collections:
- DGS_Journal Papers
- Files in This Item:
- There are no files associated with this item.
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.