Increased Graphitization in Electrospun Single Suspended Carbon Nanowires Integrated with Carbon-MEMS and Carbon-NEMS Platforms
Cited 0 times inCited 10 times in
- Increased Graphitization in Electrospun Single Suspended Carbon Nanowires Integrated with Carbon-MEMS and Carbon-NEMS Platforms
- Sharma, Swati; Sharma, Ashutosh; Cho, Yoon-Kyoung; Madou, Mark
- Carbon nanowire; carbon-MEMS; Core shell structure; Electrical conductivity; Electrospuns; Graphitic shells; High aspect ratio; SU-8 photoresist
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ACS APPLIED MATERIALS & INTERFACES, v.4, no.1, pp.34 - 39
- Single suspended carbon nanowires (CNWs) integrated on carbon-MEMS (CMEMS) structures are fabricated by electrospinning of SU-8 photoresist followed by pyrolysis. These monolithic CNW-CMEMS structures enable fabrication of very high aspect ratio CNWs of predefined length. The CNWs thus fabricated display core-shell structures having a graphitic shell with a glassy carbon core. The electrical conductivity of these CNWs is increased by about 100% compared to glassy carbon as a result of enhanced graphitization. We suggest some tunable fabrication and pyrolysis parameters that may improve graphitization in the resulting CNWs, making them a good replacement for several carbon nanostructure-based devices.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SLS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.