Graphene Oxide-Polythiophene Hybrid with Broad-Band Absorption and Photocatalytic Properties
Cited 0 times inCited 10 times in
- Graphene Oxide-Polythiophene Hybrid with Broad-Band Absorption and Photocatalytic Properties
- Wang, Shuai; Nai, Chang Tai; Jiang, Xiao-Fang; Pan, Yuanhang; Tan, Choon-Hong; Nesladek, Milos; Xu, Qing-Hua; Loh, Kian Ping
- Broad bands; Graphene oxides; Mannich reactions; Photocatalytic performance; Photocatalytic property; Photothermal deflection spectroscopy; Pump-probe technique; Synergistic interaction; Ultra-fast
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY LETTERS, v.3, no.17, pp.2332 - 2336
- Hybrid graphene oxide (GO)/poly(3-hexylthiophene-2,5-diyl) (P3HT) sheets are assembled via pi-pi interaction and carefully isolated from the nonreacted precursors. The mutual influence of the two phases can be sharply manifested in this layer-to-layer configuration because it is undiluted by excess of one phase. To investigate the optical properties of the hybrid and possible synergistic interactions, we applied photothermal deflection spectroscopy (PDS) and pump-probe techniques. For the first time, the photocatalytic performance of these hybrids was investigated to correlate with their optical properties. The GO-P3HT hybrid demonstrates broad-band absorption and ultrafast charge transfer (1.4 ps) and acts as an excellent photocatalyst for the Mannich reaction (93% yield).
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.