Synthesis of a conjugated copolymer with benzodithiophene and benzimidazole units
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Synthesis of a conjugated copolymer with benzodithiophene and benzimidazole units
- Song, Suhee; Ko, Seo-Jin; Kim, Ju Ae; Jin, Youngeup; Kim, Il; Kim, Jin Young; Suh, Hongsuk
- Benzimidazoles; Conjugated copolymers; Electron donor acceptors; Electron-deficient units; Organic photovoltaics; Photovoltaics; Power conversion efficiencies; Semiconducting copolymers
- Issue Date
- NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
- POLYMER JOURNAL, v.45, no.5, pp.555 - 559
- new accepter unit, dimethyl-2H-benzimidazole, was prepared and utilized for the synthesis of conjugated polymers containing an electron donor-acceptor pair for organic photovoltaics (OPVs). A dimethyl-2H-benzimidazole unit was designed to replace the benzothiadiazole (BT) unit of PCDTBT. An advantage of dimethyl-2H-benzimidazole compared with the BT moiety of PCDTBT is that the solubility of the polymer is improved while the 1,2-quinoid form is maintained to lead the coplanarity of the backbone. New semiconducting copolymers with dialkoxybenzo[1,2-b:3,4-b'] dithiophene as the electron-rich unit and 2,2-dimethyl-4,7-di(2-thienyl)-2H-benzimidazole as the electron-deficient unit were synthesized by Pd(0)-catalyzed Stille coupling polymerization. The resulting P2:PC71BM device had a open circuit voltage (V-OC) value of 0.65V, a short circuit current density (J(SC)) value of 1.86mAcm(-2) and a FF value of 0.39, with a final power conversion efficiency (PCE) value of 0.47%.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.