Theoretical study on porphyrin based covalent organic polyhedra as a hydrogen storage
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Theoretical study on porphyrin based covalent organic polyhedra as a hydrogen storage
- Kim, Daejin; Jung, Dong Hyun; Guk, Hyein; Han, Sang Soo; Park, Noejung; Choi, Kihang; Choi, Seung-Hoon
- Covalent-organic polyhedra; Grand canonical Monte Carlo simulation; Large surface area; Metal organic framework; Modeling and simulation; Monte Carlo simulation methods; Schiff-base; Theoretical study
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY, v.38, no.14, pp.6234 - 6240
- We introduce a new covalent organic polyhedron (COP) containing porphyrinyl groups. The porphyrin based COP (PCOP) is designed by modeling and simulation using 6 tetraaldehyde molecules and 8 triamine molecules combined by 24 imine bonds. Probable molecular crystal structures of the modeled PCOP are suggested by the simulated annealing Monte Carlo simulation method. We found that the predicted crystal structures show large surface areas up to over 6000 m(2)/g and the surface area depends on how to pack PCOP molecules and the resulting pore structure. Grand canonical Monte Carlo simulations predict the hydrogen uptakes of these polymorphs of PCOP and the values are from 98 to 262 mg/g for gravimetric uptake and from 45 to 50 kg/m(3) for volumetric uptake at 77 K. Hydrogen uptakes of PCOP crystals are comparable to the best records of metal-organic frameworks (164.1 mg/g for NU-100 and 176 mg/g for MOF-210 at 77 K). Hence, PCOP is expected to be applicable to hydrogen storage.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.