Large-time behavior of solutions to an outflow problem for a shallow water model
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Large-time behavior of solutions to an outflow problem for a shallow water model
- Kwon, Bongsuk; Suzuki, Masahiro; Takayama, Masahiro
- HYPERBOLIC CONSERVATION-LAWS; BOUNDARY VALUE-PROBLEMS; HALF-SPACE; RELAXATION; EQUATIONS
- Issue Date
- ACADEMIC PRESS INC ELSEVIER SCIENCE
- JOURNAL OF DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS, v.255, no.7, pp.1883 - 1904
- We investigate the existence and the time-asymptotic stability of boundary layer solutions for a one-dimensional shallow water model. Under the subsonic condition on the far-field equilibrium state, we show that there exists a one-parameter family of boundary layer solutions satisfying the outflow constant-flux boundary condition. We also show that there is a unique time-asymptotic boundary layer profile for a given initial data, and prove its stability using standard energy methods, provided that the initial perturbation is sufficiently small. Our stability result is obtained without the zero mass condition nor "artificial" condition on the profile strength. Rather the time-asymptotic profile is determined alone by the initial perturbation from the end state so that it satisfies the zero mass condition and its amplitude is appropriately small simultaneously.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.