Grafting of Polyaniline onto the Surface of 4-Aminobenzoyl-Functionalized Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube and Its Electrochemical Properties
Cited 0 times inCited 20 times in
- Grafting of Polyaniline onto the Surface of 4-Aminobenzoyl-Functionalized Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube and Its Electrochemical Properties
- Jeon, In-Yup; Kang, Sang-Wook; Tan, Loon-Seng; Baek, Jong-Beom
- -aminobenzoic acid; Chemical oxidative polymerization; Electrical conductivity; Electrical conductivity measurements; Elemental analysis; Friedel-crafts acylation; Functionalized; Functionalized MWNT; High performance polymer; High-performance polymers; Polyphosphoric acid; Polyphosphoric acids; Scanning electrons; Thermo-oxidative stability; Two-step reactions; UV-Vis absorption spectroscopy; Wide-angle X-ray diffraction
- Issue Date
- JOHN WILEY & SONS INC
- JOURNAL OF POLYMER SCIENCE PART A-POLYMER CHEMISTRY, v.48, no.14, pp.3103 - 3112
- Polyaniline (PANi)-grafted multiwalled carbon nanotube (MWNT) composite is prepared by a two-step reaction sequence. MWNT is first functionalized with 4-aminobenzoic acid in polyphosphoric acid/phosphorous pentoxide as a "direct" Friedel-Crafts acylation reaction medium. The resultant 4-aminobenzoyl-functionalized MWNT is then treated with aniline using ammonium persulfate/aqueous hydrochloric acid to promote a chemical oxidative polymerization, leading to PANi-grafted MWNT composite. The resultant composite is characterized by elemental analysis, Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy, wide-angle X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, thermogravimetric analysis, UV-vis absorption spectroscopy, fluorescence spectroscopy, cyclic voltammetry, and electrical conductivity measurement. The thermooxidative stability and electrical conductivity of PANi-grafted MWNT composite are improved compared to those of PANi. Specifically, the electrical conductivity of PANi-grafted MWNT is improved 10900 times depending upon the level of doping. The capacitance of the composite is also greatly enhanced.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.