Polymersome Stomatocytes: Controlled Shape Transformation in Polymer Vesicles
Cited 0 times inCited 46 times in
- Polymersome Stomatocytes: Controlled Shape Transformation in Polymer Vesicles
- Kim, Kyoung Taek; Zhu, Jiahua; Meeuwissen, Silvie A.; Cornelissen, Jeroen J. L. M.; Pochan, Darrin J.; Nolte, Roeland J. M.; van Hest, Jan C. M.
- Controlled shape; Giant liposomes; High molecular weight; Hydrophobic segment; Morphological diversity; Polymer membrane; Polymer vesicle; Polymersomes; Shape transformation
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.132, no.36, pp.12522 - 12524
- We report here a controllable shape transformation of polymer vesicles (polymersomes) constructed from block copolymers of which the hydrophobic part is a high-molecular-weight glassy segment. Control over the shape transformation is obtained by kinetic manipulation of the phase behavior of this glassy hydrophobic segment. Kinetic manipulation of the phase behavior of polymer membranes allows for different shapes of polymersomes to be captured at specific times, which directly translates into physically robust nanostructures that are otherwise unobtainable. Combining the morphological diversity of giant liposomes and the physical robustness of polymersomes, our finding can be a general way to realize unusual nanostructures in a predictable manner.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.