SEMI-ANALYTICAL NUMERICAL METHODS FOR CONVECTION-DOMINATED PROBLEMS WITH TURNING POINTS
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- SEMI-ANALYTICAL NUMERICAL METHODS FOR CONVECTION-DOMINATED PROBLEMS WITH TURNING POINTS
- Thien Binh Nguyen; Jung, Chang-Yeol
- Boundary layers; Compatibility conditions; Convection-diffusion equations; Finite volume methods; Singular perturbation analysis; Transition layers; Turning points
- Issue Date
- ISCI-INST SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING & INFORMATION
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF NUMERICAL ANALYSIS AND MODELING, v.10, no.2, pp.314 - 332
- In this article we aim to study finite volume approximations which approximate the solutions of convection-dominated problems possessing the so-called interior transition layers. The stiffness of such problems is due to a small parameter multiplied to the highest order derivative which introduces various transition layers at the boundaries and at the interior points where certain compatibility conditions do not meet. Here, we are interested in resolving interior transition layers at turning points. The proposed semi-analytic method features interior layer correctors which are obtained from singular perturbation analysis near the turning points. We demonstrate this method is efficient, stable and it shows 2nd-order convergence in the approximations.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.