Seed-mediated synthesis and structural analysis of hierarchical silver microparticles (HiAgMPs) with highly nanotextured surfaces
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Seed-mediated synthesis and structural analysis of hierarchical silver microparticles (HiAgMPs) with highly nanotextured surfaces
- Han, Sang Hun; Cheon, Jae Yeong; Joo, Sang Hoon; Lee, Jae-Seung
- Catalytic properties; Growth mechanisms; Internal structure; Micro-particles; Morphological evolution; Nanotextured surface; Silver nanoplates; Synthetic conditions
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- MATERIALS RESEARCH BULLETIN, v.48, no.6, pp.2333 - 2339
- We developed a novel method to synthesize hierarchical silver microparticles (HiAgMPs) with highly nanotextured surfaces based on the seed-mediated synthesis by using silver nanoplates as seeds. The synthetic conditions for the resultant HiAgMPs were intensively investigated with various types and concentrations of nanoparticle seeds at different Ag+ concentrations. The growth mechanism of the HiAgMPs was studied by monitoring the morphological evolution at different growth phases. Importantly, we, for the first time, analyzed the internal structure of the HiAgMPs, which are composed of a packed core surrounded by a grooved shell. The catalytic properties of the HiAgMPs were investigated and determined to be highly active for the reduction of 4-nitrophenol.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.