Self-assembled monolayer as a pre-concentrating receptor for selective serotonin sensing
Cited 0 times inCited 4 times in
- Self-assembled monolayer as a pre-concentrating receptor for selective serotonin sensing
- Mozaffari, Seyed Ahmad; Chang, Taihyun; Park, Su-Moon
- Differential pulse voltammetry; Electrochemical impedance; Receptor; Selective recognition; Serotonin
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
- BIOSENSORS & BIOELECTRONICS, v.26, no.1, pp.74 - 79
- We describe a novel medium, a captopril/thiophenol (Capt/TP) mixed self-assembled monolayer (SAM) formed on gold, for selectively pre-concentrating serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT). The 5-HT molecules were shown to be selectively captured via formation of a strong complex, providing anodic stripping currents upon anodic scan or drastic increases in charge-transfer resistances for a redox probe, Fe(CN)(6)(3-/4-) pair, due to their blocking effects The 5-HT molecules thus collected were subsequently detected by anodic stripping differential pulse voltammetry (ASDPV) or electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS). The detection limit was 1.2 when detected by EIS and 28 nM with ASDPV 5-HT was shown to be determined in physiological matrices containing ascorbic acid, dopamine, and other commonly encountered neurotransmitters.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.