Single-walled carbon nanotube buckypaper and mesophase pitch carbon/carbon composites
Cited 0 times inCited 6 times in
- Single-walled carbon nanotube buckypaper and mesophase pitch carbon/carbon composites
- Park, Jin Gyu; Yun, Nam Gyun; Park, Young Bin; Liang, Richard; Lumata, Lloyd; Brooks, James S.; Zhang, Chuck; Wang, Ben
- Buckypaper; Carbonization process; Contact barrier; Electrical conductivity; matrix; Mechanical strain; Mesophase pitch; Process cycles; Raman shift; Temperature dependence
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- CARBON, v.48, no.15, pp.4276 - 4282
- Carbon/carbon composites consisting of single-walled carbon nanotube (SWCNT) buckypaper (BP) and mesophase pitch resin have been produced through impregnation of BP with pitch using toluene as a solvent. Drying, stabilization and carbonization processes were performed sequentially, and repeated to increase the pitch content. Voids in the carbon/carbon composite samples decreased with increasing impregnation process cycles. Electrical conductivity and density of the composites increased with carbonization by two to three times that of pristine BP. These results indicate that discontinuity and intertube contact barriers of SWCNTs in the BP are partially overcome by the carbonization process of pitch. The temperature dependence of the Raman shift shows that mechanical strain is increased since carbonized pitch matrix surrounds the nanotubes.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MNE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.