Electrochemical investigation of strontium doping effect on high performance Pr1-xSrxCoO3-delta (x=0.1, 0.3, 0.5, and 0.7) cathode for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells
Cited 0 times inCited 11 times in
- Electrochemical investigation of strontium doping effect on high performance Pr1-xSrxCoO3-delta (x=0.1, 0.3, 0.5, and 0.7) cathode for intermediate-temperature solid oxide fuel cells
- Park, Seonhye; Choi, Sihyuk; Shin, Jeeyoung; Kim, Guntae
- Anode supported cell; Cathode materials; Cell performance; Coulometric titration; Doping effects; Electrical conductivity; Electrochemical investigations; Electrochemical performance; High electrical conductivity; High power density; Intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cell; IT-SOFCs; Maximum power density; Oxygen non-stoichiometry; Oxygen partial pressure; Perovskite oxides; Perovskite type oxides; Redox behavior
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- JOURNAL OF POWER SOURCES, v.210, no., pp.172 - 177
- The Pr1-xSrCoO3-delta perovskite-type oxides have received extensive attention as a promising cathode material due to their favorable properties for realizing high performance intermediate temperature solid oxide fuel cells (IT-SOFCs). This study focuses on the electrical properties, electrochemical performance, and redox behavior of a perovskite oxide of Pr1-xSrxCoO3-delta (x = 0.1, 0.3, 0.5, and 0.7). For x= 0.1 and 0.3, the electrical conductivities increase with increasing strontium content. In the case of x > 0.3, however, decreased electrical conductivity is observed with increasing x. The oxygen non-stoichiometry of Pr1-xSrxCoO3-delta using coulometric titration and its electrical conductivity in a wide range of oxygen partial pressure at 973 K are also investigated. A Ni-GDC anode-supported cell is fabricated to evaluate the electrochemical performance of the Pr1-xSrxCoO3-delta cathode material. The maximum power density at 973 K is 1.19 W cm(-2) for x= 0.3, and the other samples also show high power density over 1.0 W cm-2, except for at x= 0.7. Given its high electrical conductivity and cell performance, Pr0.7Sr0.3CoO3-delta is a favorable cathode material candidate for IT-SOFC applications.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECHE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.