Synthesis and characterization of patronite form of vanadium sulfide on graphitic layer
Cited 0 times inCited 10 times in
- Synthesis and characterization of patronite form of vanadium sulfide on graphitic layer
- Rout, Chandra Sekhar; Kim, Byeong-Hwan; Xu, Xiaodong; Yang, Jieun; Jeong, Hu Young; Odkhuu, Dorj; Park, Noejung; Cho, Jaephil; Shin, Hyeon Suk
- Energy conversion and storages; Experimental difficulties; Hydrothermal methods; Non-stoichiometric phasis; Perylene-3 ,4 ,9 ,10-tetracarboxylic dianhydride; Resulting materials; Synthesis and characterizations; Transition metal chalcogenides
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.135, no.23, pp.8720 - 8725
- With the exploding interest in transition metal chalcogenides, sulfide minerals containing the dianion S2 2-, such as pyrite (FeS2), cattierite (CoS2), and vaesite (NiS2), have recently attracted much attention for potential applications in energy conversion and storage devices. However, the synthesis of the patronite structure (VS4, V4+(S2 2-) 2) and its applications have not yet been clearly demonstrated because of experimental difficulties and the existence of nonstoichiometric phases. Herein, we report the synthesis of VS4 using a simple, facile hydrothermal method with a graphene oxide (GO) template and the characterization of the resulting material. Tests of various templates such as CNT, pyrene, perylene-3,4,9,10-tetracarboxylic dianhydride (PTCDA), and graphite led us to the conclusion that the graphitic layer plays a role in the nucleation during growth of VS4. Furthermore, the VS4/rGO hybrid was proved to be a promising functional material in energy storage devices.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SNS_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.