DSS: Distributed SINR-based scheduling algorithm for multihop wireless networks
Cited 0 times inCited 1 times in
- DSS: Distributed SINR-based scheduling algorithm for multihop wireless networks
- Ryu, Jiho; Joo, Changhee; Kwon, Ted Taekyoung; Shroff, Ness B.; Choi, Yanghee
- Discrete time Markov chains; Distributed implementation; Distributed scheduling algorithms; Multihop wireless network; Physical interference models; Simultaneous transmission; SINR; Wireless scheduling
- Issue Date
- IEEE COMPUTER SOC
- IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MOBILE COMPUTING, v.12, no.6, pp.1120 - 1132
- The problem of developing distributed scheduling algorithms for high throughput in multihop wireless networks has been extensively studied in recent years. The design of a distributed low-complexity scheduling algorithm becomes even more challenging when taking into account a physical interference model, which requires the SINR at a receiver to be checked when making scheduling decisions. To do so, we need to check whether a transmission failure is caused by interference due to simultaneous transmissions from distant nodes. In this paper, we propose a scheduling algorithm under a physical interference model, which is amenable to distributed implementation with 802.11 CSMA technologies. The proposed scheduling algorithm is shown to achieve throughput optimality. We present two variations of the algorithm to enhance the delay performance and to reduce the control overhead, respectively, while retaining throughput optimality.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- ECE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.