Facile synthesis of catechol functionalized aziridinofullerenes for visible light photocatalysis applications
Cited 0 times inCited 0 times in
- Facile synthesis of catechol functionalized aziridinofullerenes for visible light photocatalysis applications
- Ramasundaram, Subramaniyan; Hwang, Se Won; Lee, Jaesang; Jung, Jinyoung; Choi, Kyoung Jin; Hong, Seok Won
- Catechol; Fourier transform infra reds; Nitrenes; Pharmaceutical compounds; Photocatalytic activities; Ultraviolet irradiations; Visible light; Visible-light photocatalysis
- Issue Date
- ELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
- MATERIALS LETTERS, v.106, no., pp.213 - 217
- Using nitrene chemistry, catechol functionalized aziridinofullerenes (CAC60) were synthesized by reacting N-(3-azidopropyl)-2-(3,4- dihydroxyphenyl)acetamide with C60. Synthesis of CAC60 was confirmed by Fourier-transform infrared, Raman and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopies, and Thermogravimetric analysis. The photocatalytic activity of CAC60 was evaluated by measuring photodegradation of a pharmaceutical compound, cimetidine. CAC60 exhibited the instantaneous adsorption of cimetidine, followed by effective photooxidation under visible as well as ultraviolet irradiations. From the comparison of photodegradation behaviors of unmodified control C60, amine functionalized aziridinofullerenes, and CAC60, we concluded that the aziridine and catechol moieties were responsible for the visible light activity and hydrophilicity of CAC 60, respectively.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- MSE_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.