Modeling and analysis of project performance factors in an extended project-oriented virtual organization (EProVO)
Cited 1 times inCited 4 times in
- Modeling and analysis of project performance factors in an extended project-oriented virtual organization (EProVO)
- Wi, Hyeongon; Jung, Mooyoung
- Cost factors; Decision making process; Modeling and analysis; Organizational improvement; Project goals; Project performance; Project team; Quantitative study; Research institutes; Social Networks; Team members; Time availability; Virtual organization
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- EXPERT SYSTEMS WITH APPLICATIONS, v.37, no.2, pp.1143 - 1151
- Project performance is significantly affected by the collaboration of project team members and by the levels of their knowledge. While many qualitative and quantitative Studies oil project performance have been conducted, only few studies have analyzed the effects of knowledge and collaboration This paper proposes an extended project-oriented virtual organization (EProVO) model that consists of a total of 10 factors: 2 time availability factors. 3 cost factors, and 5 capability factors that are useful in evaluating the knowledge competence and collaboration competence of project members. Defining the project performance index that generally assesses project goals - quality, time and budget, and using the data from an actual R&D institute, the effects of 10 factors on project performance were analyzed, and the performance of the project team members was predicted The predicted project performance of team members helped the decision-making process of the project team manager by providing information required for organizing the team. Furthermore, the coefficient of each factor was useful in figuring out the problems to be encountered in the behavioral styles in terms of knowledge, collaboration, time availability. and cost of running the current organization Consequently, directions for organizational improvement of a research institute could be offered.
- ; Go to Link
Appears in Collections:
- SBA_Journal Papers
can give you direct access to the published full text of this article. (UNISTARs only)
Show full item record
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.